The percentage of sales of successful business organizations tied to the successful Introduction of new products and services is high. However, the failure rate of new products development projects is also high and therefore there is a need for a methodology based on a well-designed process as well as tools and techniques to manage New Product Development (NPD) projects.
As people's needs often change and improve, the enterprise only continuously improve the product, increase features and functions, improve product quality, improve the appearance of packaging decoration, to adapt to the changing needs of consumers.
Product development should choose those product styles that can adapt to and meet customer needs, but also be designed and developed products. Product development can bring benefits and profits for the enterprise, is the enterprise has maintained a competitive advantage in the market.
The following factors should be considered in the selection of products: 1. Market potential of the product 2. Profitability of the product 3. The competitiveness of the market comprehensively considers the market capacity, whether the products designed and developed have competitive advantages, and considers the competitive weaknesses of the market to select the products that are conducive to the core technological advantages of the enterprise for design and development 4. The available resource conditions consider the material, process, convenience, economy and environmental protection of the products developed and designed 5, consider the existing technical level and production capacity in the process of designing products to fully consider the design of the product can be produced, can conform to its process, can use the existing production capacity to produce the product. If the design of the product does not consider its technology and production capacity, so that the design of the product can only be "armchair" 6. Distribution ability, sales channel and market service ability 7. National policies, laws and regulations, etc.
Product design is an important part of enterprise product strategy, which determines the characteristics, functions and uses of products.
Functional design of the product
Product function design focuses on the performance and quality of the product, and requires that customer requirements be fully considered in product design, reflecting the economic value of the product, and as a principle, to ensure high quality design, including: precision, excellent performance and stability, durability and after-sales maintenance of convenience. Technical means: value engineering, assembly process simulation, assembly design, quality function selection and computer aided design, etc.
Manufacturability and assemblability
Manufacturability and assemblability design of products, that is, product design should meet the technological requirements of product manufacturing and assembly. The aim is to produce functional and structurally satisfactory products at prices acceptable to customers. Perfect product design represents cost-benefit and is achieved by combining product conception, design and development with manufacturability and assemblability. In order to produce the highest quality products at competitive prices, product manufacturability design must be coordinated with product function design.
For manufacturing and assembly
The product design for manufacturing and assembly is just such a design idea. Under the requirement of meeting the function, quality and appearance of the product, it starts from improving the manufacturability and assemblability of the product, so as to develop the product with lower product development cost, shorter product development cycle and higher product quality. The transformation from "Made in China" to "created in China" is inseparable from the country and enterprises' attention to product development and product design for manufacturing and assembly. For how to design products for manufacturing and assembly, please refer to product Design Guide for Manufacturing and Assembly published by China Machine Press.
Product development work content
Make "product development plan" and coordinate the design and development, change the appearance design and structure design of the product.
Relevant departments shall perform their duties according to the product development plan.
1. Relevant records
2. Development Task book
3. Product development plan
4. First product confirmation letter
5. Application for design change
6. New product review record
7. Sample making list
8. New product development
9. New product development procedures:
10. After discussing the specific situation of the product with relevant department personnel, arrange the preparation of "product plan", which describes the main work items in each stage of design and development, responsible department and person in charge, planned completion time and output data.
11. The Product Development Plan shall be revised as the design and development progresses, and shall be issued and recycled as originally revised.
12. Draw product process drawings according to the requirements of "Development Task Book" and "Product Development Plan".
13. Design evaluation of product process drawings, including but not limited to:
-- Whether the product can meet the design objectives
-- Process parameters
-- Quality assurance
-- Technology and production capacity
14. After the process design is evaluated and sent to the customer for review and confirmation, the documents will be issued to the relevant departments and personnel. Submit relevant development documents (e.g. product parts list) to planning department for preparation.
15. After the trial production of new products is completed, relevant departments shall be arranged to review them, including but not limited to:
-- Compliance of samples with design requirements
-- Drawing modification
-- Product parts list/process flow/operation instruction
-- Make small batch trial production plan at the same time if necessary
16. New product development process:
Organization → planning implementation → testing/review → mass production
17. Completed development:
New products have been stable production, all the data sorting, analysis, filing.
In this new era of great changes, many things around us are constantly improving and perfecting. Only technological products that are constantly innovating and changing are more popular. That is to say, our product technology rapid prototyping has a very high speed and efficiency, product production effect is very good. Ming, do not stick together, so how does this rapid prototyping technology compare to traditional technology? Today we’ll take a look.
The rapid prototyping technology adopted by the rapid prototyping device can adapt to the difficulty of manufacturing and processing of various materials in our life, and can obtain excellent materials and structural properties of parts.
As mentioned above, the rapid prototyping technology of materials involves materials, forming methods and structural forms of parts. The essence of rapid prototyping mainly includes the chemical composition of the forming material, the physical properties of the forming material (such as powder, wire or foil) (melting point, thermal expansion coefficient, thermal conductivity, viscosity and fluidity). Only by recognizing the characteristics of these materials can we choose the right material compared with the traditional rapid prototyping technology. What are the characteristics of rapid prototyping technology?
3d printing material rapid prototyping technology mainly includes material density and porosity. In the production process, can meet the performance requirements of molding material microstructure, molding material precision, parts precision and surface roughness, molding material shrinkage (internal stress, deformation and cracking) can meet the specific requirements of various rapid prototyping methods. The precision of the product will directly affect the structure of the product, the roughness of the surface of the product will affect whether there are some defects on the surface of the product, and the shrinkage of the material will affect the precision requirements of the product in the production process.
Rapid prototyping technology for the products produced. It also ensures that there is no big gap between what is produced and what is put on the market. Material rapid prototyping technology mainly includes material density and porosity. In the production process, can meet the performance requirements of molding material microstructure, molding material precision, parts precision and surface roughness, molding material shrinkage (internal stress, deformation and cracking) can meet the specific requirements of various rapid prototyping methods. The precision of the product will directly affect the structure of the product, the roughness of the surface of the product will affect whether there are some defects on the surface of the product, and the shrinkage of the material will affect the precision requirements of the product in the production process.
Mold manufacturing rapid prototyping technology also plays an important role in the increasingly competitive market economy, mold manufacturing rapid prototyping technology also plays an important role, is an important part of the advanced manufacturing technology group. It focuses on computer aided design and manufacturing technology, laser technology and material science and technology, in the absence of traditional mold and fixture, quickly create arbitrary complex shape and have a certain function of the 3D entity model or parts, about the cost of new product development and mold manufacturing, repair. Section is used in aviation, aerospace, automotive, communications, medical, electronics, household appliances, toys, military equipment, industrial modeling (sculpture), architectural models, machinery industry and other fields. In the mold manufacturing industry, the rapid prototyping made by rapid prototyping technology is combined with silica gel mold, metal cold spraying, precision casting, electrocasting, centrifugal casting and other methods to produce molds.
So what are its characteristics? First, it adopts the method of increasing materials (such as coagulation, welding, cementation, sintering, aggregation, etc.) to form the required parts appearance, because of the RP technology in the process of manufacturing products won’t produce waste cause the pollution of environment, so in today’s modern pays attention to the ecological environment, this also is a green manufacture technology. Secondly, it has solved many problems in traditional processing and manufacturing for laser technology, numerical control technology, chemical industry, material engineering and other technologies. The wide application of rapid prototyping technology in China has played a supporting role in the development of manufacturing enterprises in China, enhanced the rapid response ability of enterprises to the market, improved the competitiveness of enterprises, and also made a significant contribution to the national economic growth.
Advantages of 3D printing prototypes
1. With good complex manufacturing capability, it can complete manufacturing difficult to be completed by traditional methods. The product is complex, and only through multiple rounds of design – prototype machine production – test – modification design – prototype machine reproduction – re-test process, through the prototype machine repeated test can timely find problems and correction. However, the output of the prototype is very small, and it takes a long time and high cost to adopt the traditional manufacturing method, resulting in a long development cycle and high cost.
2. Low cost and fast speed of small batch manufacturing can significantly reduce the development risk and shorten the development time. 3D printing ingot casting with planks do not need to traditional manufacturing mode, system, mold and die forging process, can rapid prototype production, low cost, and digital, the entire production process can be modified at any time, at any time, in a short time, a large number of verification test, thus significantly reduce the risk of developing, shorten the development time, reduce the development cost.
3. High material utilization, can effectively reduce the production cost. The traditional manufacturing is “material reduction manufacturing”, through the raw material billet cutting, extrusion and other operations, remove the excess raw materials, processing the required parts shape, the processing process of the removal of raw materials difficult to recycle, the waste of raw materials. 3D printing only adds raw materials where it is needed, and the material utilization rate is very high, which can make full use of expensive raw materials and significantly reduce the cost.
Customized service of products design and manufacturing is our key core capability. Different product customizations have different customization standards, such as partial product customization, overall product customization, partial customization of product hardware, partial customization of product software, and customization of product electrical control. The custom manufacturing and fabrication service is based on a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s product function, material strength, material processing technology, surface treatment, finished product assembly, performance testing, mass production, cost control and other factors before comprehensive evaluation and program design. We provide a complete supply chain solution. Probably your product does not use all the services at the current stage, but we will help you consider the scenario that may be needed in the future in advance, which is what differentiates us from other prototype suppliers.
To provide customers with the best quality service