Rapid prototyping is a group of techniques used to quickly fabricate a scale model of a physical part or assembly using three-dimensional computer aided design (CAD) data.Construction of the part or assembly is usually done using 3D printing or “additive layer manufacturing” technology.
Generally speaking, prototyping is one or several functional samples used to check or verify the rationality and qualifications of the appearance or structure according to the product 3D drawings or structural drawings in prior to molding for mass production.
Usually, the products that have just been developed or designed need to be prototyped. The prototype is the first step to verify the feasibility of the product. It is the most direct and effective way to find out the defects, deficiencies and drawbacks of the designed products, so as to improve the defects in a targeted manner until the deficiencies cannot be found in individual prototype samples. At this point, it is usually necessary to carry out trial production in small volume production to find out the deficiencies in the batch and improve them. The designed products are generally not perfect or even unusable. Once the direct production is defective, it will be completely scrapped, which will greatly waste manpower, material resources and time; while the prototype is generally a small number of samples, the production cycle is short, and the loss of manpower and material resources is ignorable. Quickly identify deficiencies in product design and improve them, providing sufficient basis for product finalization and mass production.
According to the means of manufacturing, the prototype can be divided into manual prototype and CNC prototype.
(1) Manual prototype: the main workload is done by hand. Manual hand board is divided into abs hand board and clay hand board
(2) CNC prototype: its main workload is completed by CNC machine tools, and according to the different equipment used, it can be divided into laser rapid prototyping (sla) prototype and machining center (CNC) prototype and RP prototype (3D printing).
According to the materials used in prototyping, the prototypes can be divided into plastic prototypes, silicone prototypes, and metal prototypes:
(1) Plastic prototype: its raw material is plastic, mainly the prototype of some plastic products, such as televisions, monitors, telephones and so on.
(2) Silicone hand board: its raw material is silica gel, which is mainly used to display the shape of product design, such as automobiles, mobile phones, toys, handicrafts, daily necessities and so on.
(3) Metal prototypes: the raw materials are aluminum-magnesium alloys and other metal materials, mainly prototypes of some high-end products, such as notebook computers, touch-screen mobile phones, instruments and equipment, etc.
Verify the appearance design
The prototype is not only visible, but also touchable. It can intuitively reflect the designer's creativity in the form of real objects, avoiding the drawback of "drawing good-looking but not good-looking". Therefore, prototyping is essential in the process of new product development and product shape scrutiny.
Verify the structural design
Because the prototype can be assembled, it can intuitively reflect the rationality of the structure and the difficulty of installation. It is convenient to detect and solve problems early.
Riduce the risk of Direct molding
Since the cost of mold manufacturing is generally high, relatively large molds are worth hundreds of thousands or even millions. If the unreasonable structure or other problems are found in the process of opening the mold, the loss can be imagined. Prototype production can avoid this loss and reduce the risk of mold opening.
Readiness for product launch
Due to the advanced nature of prototyping, you can use the prototyping for product promotion before the mold is developed, and even pre-sales and production preparations to occupy the market as soon as possible
Monitors, humidifiers, juicers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioning panels.
Cartoon characters, animation peripheral products, miniature car models, aircraft models.
Medical equipment, beauty tools, nail tools, fitness equipment.
Protective masks, high-precision machined products, etc.
Cash register, ATM, tax control machine, speedometer, 3G cameras..
Car lights, bumpers, seats, electric cars, dash board, car doors, windows control buttons...
Architectural model, conceptual architecture, exhibition hall layout, display layout.
PMMA handicrafts, relief handicrafts, ornaments, antique utensils.
1. More than 20 years of prototyping experience guarantees the industry breadth and technical depth of our prototyping technology;
2. Fully equipped with including but not limited to CNC machining centers, 3D printers, CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, high-precision grinding machines, duplication molding machines, stamping machines, wire cutting, laser cutting machines;
3. Strict quality management system as per ISO9001:2008,AS 9100D,ISO13485,ISO14001,ISO45001;
4. Fast delivery capability;
5. Perfect after-sales service experience;